- Explain the three basic reasons for saving money.
- Watch Video 3.2
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from page 36 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 36) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What are the three basic reasons to save money?
- Is saving just a few bucks a month worthwhile? Explain their answers.
- Obtain a partner from your teacher.
- With your partner, read through this form and answer the questions based on the information given.
- Think of some answers to the following questions that we will discuss in class:
- In what ways might household savings rates reflect both the economic culture and history of a country?
- Do you think the saving rate in the United States varies from generation to generation? Why or why not? (link)
- Instead of cultural and marketing influences, what factors should determine one’s household saving rate?
- What might be some consequences of families not having adequate savings?