- Develop, monitor and modify a personal financial plan, including goals, net worth statement, cash ow statement, insurance plan, investing plan and a budget.
- Obtain a partner from your teacher.
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol) and share it with your partner. Name the file Rate of Return-(Your Initials).
- Work with a partner to calculate the future value of a one-time investment, which should be a practical investment amount for someone your age ($250-$1,500) and it should be the same amount for each investment, using three different interest rates. Then, using a Google Spreadsheet and your data, design a graph that compares the impact that the interest rate has on the investment. Use each of the methods to help you understand how compound interest works. Use 40 years as the amount of time for your investment.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 4 above, share your Lesson 4 folder with your teacher. Here are the files that should be in your Lesson 4 folder:
- Saving: A Way to Build Wealth
- Doubling Your Money
- Money Math Problems (Google Form)
- Banking Technology
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- My Advice
- Rate of Return
Lesson 4 Quiz-BAU
- Complete the Lesson 4 Quiz for the Banking Unit.