- List five steps you should take before making a major purchase
- Watch Video CU3.10
- Record the missing words from pages 135 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 135) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What constitutes a significant purchase?
- What is buyer’s remorse?
- Give an example of immature spending behavior?
- What’s the correct way to pay for large purchases?
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename the document Daily Decisions-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 3 folder.
- Following the directions below:
- Fill in the missing blanks by computing the daily and monthly cost of each item listed (use 30 days in a month).
- Add two of your frequent expenses and compute the daily and monthly cost.
- Use the Investing Calculator to figure out the future value of your expenses if you invested that money for 30 years.
- How much would you have if you stopped contributing at the end of 30 years, but left the money invested for an additional 30 years?