- Evaluate the role opportunity cost plays in purchasing decisions
- Describe the effect of inflation on buying power
- Watch Video CU3.12
- Record the missing words from pages 136-137 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 136-137) .
- Discussion Questions:
- Why is it important to develop power over purchase?
- Explain the five steps for developing power over purchase:
- Wait overnight
- Consider your buying motives
- Don’t buy until you understand
- Consider the opportunity cost
- Seek wise counsel
- When considering your buying motives, you should be sure that you are not confusing happiness with fun. Explain what Dave means by this.
- What is opportunity cost?
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename it as Costs-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 3 folder.
- Read the directions at the top of the document and complete the task as assigned.
Lesson 3 Folder
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 3 above, share your Lesson 3 folder with your teacher. You should have the following files in your Lesson 3 folder:
- Cost of Cool
- Marketing Advertisement
- Daily Decisions
Lesson 3 Quiz-CU
- Complete the Lesson 3 Quiz for the Consumer Unit.