- Develop communication strategies for managing money and discussing financial issues.
- Evaluate your own money personality; identify your money strengths and weaknesses.
- Watch Video CU1.5
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from pages 20-23 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 20-23) .
- Discussion Questions:
- Why do you need to understand the language of money?
- What affect does your behavior have on whether or not you win with money?
- What does it take to become money smart?
- Describe the three levels of financial well-being.
- Who will ultimately determine your level of financial success?
- Why do you need to consider your money personality when developing a personal financial plan?
- Obtain a partner and a piece of construction paper from your teacher.
- Divide the paper into three equal parts naming each part one of the three levels of financial well-being found on page 22.
- In each of the parts, draw or use pictures from a magazine (3 to 8 images per section) to visually represent what that level contains.
Lesson 1 Folder
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 1 above, share your Lesson 1 folder with your teacher. You should have the following files in your Lesson 1 folder:
- My Choice
- New Deal Policy
Lesson 1 Quiz-CU
- Complete the Lesson 1 Quiz for the Consumer Unit.