- Explain the consumer movement.
- Explain seven consumer rights.
- Describe consumer responsibilities.
- Obtain a copy of the Notes 2-2 Handout (Espanol) from your teacher and fill in the notes through the presentation. You can also view the Notes 2-2 Presentation (Espanol).
- Read Lesson 2 on pages 376-381.
- Part I
- Read “Frauds by Consumers” found on page 378 of your textbook.
- After reading this short article, create a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename it Consumer Fraud-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 2 folder.
- In this document, answer the following questions:
- What other actions by consumers can result in higher prices for the things you buy?
- Describe how businesses and individual consumers might help reduce these actions that result in higher prices for everyone.
- Use the internet to find a court case dealing with consumer fraud. In a paragraph, describe what the consumer did as an offense and identify what his/her consequence was.
- Part II
- Create a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename it State Consumer Protection-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 2 folder.
- Go to the state of Iowa’s consumer protection office’s website. Use it to answer the following questions in the document:
- What services does this government agency provide?
- How do you and other consumers benefit from the actions of this agency?
- Describe how you might use these services either now or in the future.