- Identify ways companies compete for your money
- Be familiar with marketing strategies that encourage people to go into debt or finance large purchases
- Evaluate how peer pressure can affect spending decisions
- Summarize factors that influence consumer decisions
- Watch Video CU3.1
- Record the missing words from pages 130-131 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 130-131) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What does Caveat emptor mean?
- Explain why our culture is so heavily marketed to.
- What qualifies a salesman or saleswoman as being good?
- Summarize Dave’s message about having fun with money.
- Inside of your Consumer Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 3. All your tasks completed in Lesson 3 should be stored in this folder.
- Watch at least 10 to 15 minutes of product and services commercials (minimum of 5) on YouTube, paying close attention to the advertisement showcased in the video, but also to the pop-up advertisements before, during, and after the videos. Use the information below to help you analyze the advertisements. Record your findings on the Commercial Viewer Form below.