- Obtain a solid understanding of what employment really entails.
- Complete this survey regarding employment in Iowa.
- Inside of your 21st Century Skills folder, create a new folder named Employment Unit. You will place any files you create in the Employment Unit inside of this folder.
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Fill in the Completed column with an X as you get your assignments completed as a means to stay organized.
- Inside of your Employment Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 1. All your tasks completed in Lesson 1 should be stored in this folder.
- To obtain a solid understanding of what employment really entails, read this short article (Espanol).
- After reading the article, create a new Google Document titled Employment-(your initials). Your document should be double spaced, Times New Roman font, and use font size 12.
- In your own words in a paragraph, describe employment.
- Then in a paragraph, explain what you see your future employment being and why you might want to pursue that.
- Lastly, use the internet (3 sources minimum) to identify some characteristics that an employer should look for in an employee as well as characteristics an employee should look for in an employer. Use this information to write a third paragraph explaining what you found. Insert a footer (Insert Menu > Headers & footers > Footer) in your document to site the three or more websites you obtained your information from. (Your document should contain 3 or more paragraphs when you are finished)