- Identify the main sources of career information.
- Discuss career fields with the most growth potential.
- Identify a career of interest for you.
- Explain the benefits and downfalls to the career path that you have interest in.
- Obtain a Notes 2-2 handout (Espanol) from your instructor and fill in the missing parts through the presentation. You can also view the Notes 2-2 Presentation (Espanol).
- Read the Lesson 2-2 Textbook.
- After getting an idea of what career paths might suit you, go to the Occupation Outlook Handbook and select three careers that showcase the characteristics of the careers you identified in your Career Test.
- While looking through your chosen careers in step 1 above, identify the following information:
- Explain what a person does in your field
- What schooling or skill sets does one need to perform this job
- What is the average wage a person can earn
- Is this career area seeing growth, staying steady, or decline
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename it My Career-(your initials), move it into your Lesson 2 folder, and answer each of the questions using the information you find on the Occupation Outlook Handbook website.