- Identify information sources for available jobs.
- Find a job that would meet your career path needs.
- Compare similar jobs in different parts of the country.
- Obtain a Notes 4-1 handout (Espanol) from your instructor and fill in the missing parts through the presentation. You can also view the Notes 4-1 Presentation (Espanol).
- Read the Lesson 4-1 Textbook.
- Inside of your Employment Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 4. All your tasks completed in Lesson 4 should be stored in this folder.
- Using the information you found about career path that might suit you, search the internet for three different jobs across the country that would fall into this job category. One job must be from the East coast, one from the Central area, and a third from the West coast. Look for job listings that detail the job requirements, education level required, experience required, and amount the applicant would get paid. Be sure to provide the exact website for each job listing as well as copy and paste the details into a new Google Document titled Job Details-(Your Initials) so you have record of the listing in case it isn’t available later. Here are some websites to help you get started:
- After finding this data, create a new Google Slides presentation titled The Right Job-(your initials). In the presentation, compare and contrast the three jobs. This presentation should have AT LEAST FOUR good quality slides. There should be a title slide and then a job details slide for each of the jobs you found for the three different areas of the United States. Utilize pictures, graphics, and animation to help enhance your presentation.