- Identify the costs of using various types of credit.
- Inside of your 21st Century Skills folder, create a new folder named Credit Unit. You will place any files you create in the Credit Unit inside of this folder.
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet
- Fill in the Completed column with an X as you get your assignments completed as a means to stay organized.
- Inside of your Credit Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 1. All your tasks completed in Lesson 1 should be stored in this folder.
- Watch Video 1.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from pages 76-77 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 76-77) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What was the view on credit back in the early 1900s?
- How has the view on credit changed over the last 100+ years? Why has that change come about?
- Does viewing debt as a product instead of a service, reward, or privilege change your overall perspective on credit cards?
- Describe some of the powerful marketing tactics used by the credit card industry?
- Why are there over 6 billion credit card offers currently out there?
- Read this article (Espanol).
- Using Google Drawing, create a public service announcement about the emotional effects that debt has on young adults. Name the file Public Service Announcement-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 1 folder. Remember that the goal of a public service announcement is to get your audience to take action, so think about who your target audience is and find a creative way to grab their attention.