- Evaluate and refute the myths associated with debt.
- Watch Video 1.3
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from pages 79-81 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 79-81) .
- Discussion Questions:
- How does a relationship change to master/servant when you lend money to someone else?
- Explain why cosigning a loan for a friend or relative is never a good idea.
- What is predatory lending? Who are predatory lenders preying on?
- What is the difference between broke people and poor people?
- Why are people drawn to predatory lending companies?
- How is your level of education connected with whether you play the lottery or not? ($173 vs $49)
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), move it into your Lesson 1 folder, and name the file Reality of Cash Advances-(Your Initials).
- Working with your same partner as Day 87, read and follow the instructions within the document to complete it.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 1 above, share your Lesson 1 folder with your teacher. You should have the following files in your folder prior to sharing it:
- Public Service Announcement
- Cost of Credit
- Credit Vocabulary
- Reality of Cash Advances
Lesson 1 Quiz-CU
- Complete the Lesson 1 Quiz for the Credit Unit.