- Learn basic statistics about the current digital landscape
- Explore the role that media plays in their lives
- Reflect on the positive and negative impact digital media has on them and on society
- Inside of your Digital Citizenship Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 1. All your tasks completed in Lesson 1 should be stored in this folder.
What is Digital Media?
- Digital Media are electronic devices and media platforms such as computers, cell phones, video, the Internet, and video games that allow users to create, communicate, and interact with one another of with the device or application itself.
- This quiz is a way to evaluate your familiarity with some statistics on how people – especially teens – use digital media in their daily lives.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename is Simile-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Complete the document as directed within.
- Watch this video about the perspectives on social media.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, name it PSM-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Using what you learned in the Perspectives on Social Media video, complete the document as directed.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename the file Reflections-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Follow the instructions within the document to complete it.