- Reflect on the factors that intensify online cruelty and cyberbullying.
- Identify what targets and Upstanders can do when online cruelty occurs.
- Recognize their own role in escalating or de-escalating online cruelty.
- Inside of your Digital Citizenship Unit folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 5. All your tasks completed in Lesson 5 should be stored in this folder.
- Online cruelty, also known as cyberbullying, takes place whenever someone uses digital media tools such as the internet and cell phones to deliberately upset or harass someone else, often repeatedly.
- Watch this video which tells Ricardo’s story.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it Cyberbullying-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 5 folder.
- Answer the questions in the document.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Camille Home Sick-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 5 folder.
- Read the short story within the document about Camille’s situation and then answer the questions that follow.