- Understand the importance of health insurance.
- Watch Video 4.1
- Record the missing words from pages 195-196 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 195-196) .
- Discussion Questions:
- When is it okay to not have health insurance coverage?
- What does changing your co-insurance do to your premium?
- What is a stop-loss point? How does it affect your premium?
- What is an HSA? Who should choose an HSA health plan option?
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol), rename it to Health Plan – (Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- You will compare the two plans and calculate the out-of-pocket expense (the portion of the medical bill that insurance doesn’t cover) for each service. Complete the document as directed in the directions within.
- **NOTE: “In-Network” doctors, hospitals, and medical providers have contracted with the insurance company to provide medical services to members at a certain rate. Members still have coverage at “Out-of-Network” providers, however the cost is greater.