- Identify different types of retirement plans.
- Explain how taxes affect the rate of return on investments.
- Understand how pre-tax and after-tax investments work.
- Understand how the stock market works.
- Be familiar with the various retirement account tax treatments.
- Develop a plan for investing; describe how to buy and sell investments.
- Watch Video 3.1
- Record the missing words from pages 171-174 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 171-174) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What is a qualified plan? Give an example of a qualified plan.
- What does it mean to have an investment with a “tax-deferred” arrangement?
- What are some of the benefits of adding real estate to your investment portfolio?
- What are some downfalls of investing in real estate?
- What is the stock market?
- What is the primary difference between the American Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange?
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol). Rename the document to My Investment-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 3 folder.
- Complete the assignment as directed within the document.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 3 above, share your Lesson 3 folder with your teacher. These are the files you should have in your Lesson 3 Folder:
- Real Estate Choices
- My Investment
Lesson 3 Quiz-IVU
- Complete the Lesson 3 Quiz for the Investing Unit.