- Explain the components of a prospectus.
- Describe the differences between investment options available to an individual.
- Calculate monthly planning for one’s retirement.
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol). Rename the document Prospectus-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- Research a current mutual fund. There are many websites that can be used, such as: Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Morningstar, CNN Money. But I prefer Market Watch.
- Using the sample prospectus on page two of the document to help you fill out your mutual fund information on page one. Below is a list of information you will want to identify:
- What type of fund is it?
- How many years of experience has the manager had with the fund?
- What are the top companies the fund is invested in?
- Look for a minimum five-year return.
- What are the fees and expenses?
- What is the turnover ratio, which measures the fund’s trading activity?
- Compared to other funds in its category, what is the risk?
- How much do you need to open an account?
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol). Rename it to Comparing Investments-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- Complete the document as directed within the document.
- Make a copy of this Google Document (Espanol). Rename the document to Retirement Planning-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- Complete the document based on the directions within the document.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 4 above, share your Lesson 4 folder with your teacher. These are the files you should have in your Lesson 4 Folder:
- Retirement Options
- Comparing Investments
- Retirement Planning
Lesson 4 Quiz
- Complete the Lesson 4 Quiz for the Investing Unit.