- Describe the steps when filing a federal income tax return.
- Over the next couple of days, we will be learning how to fill out the 1040 federal tax return. You can utilize the notes that you took during Day 148 to help you with this process.
- Today we will be working through the Label, Filing Status, Dependents, Gross Income, and Adjusted Gross Income steps. To complete these steps, you will need the following materials and these instructions:
- Form 1040 (obtain from your teacher)
- J.B. & Dianna Jenkins Personal Information (Espanol)
- Tax Documents
- After walking through the steps for preparing the Label, Filing Status, Exemptions, Gross Income, and Adjusted Gross Income steps in class with your teacher, use the following information to prepare those same sections of Form 1040 using the information below:
- Form 1040 (Make a copy, name it Shultz 1040-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 3 folder)
- Mark & Katie Schultz Personal Information (Espanol)
- Once you have completed line 8b, use this audit to check your figures.