- Create a budget
- To refresh your memory on finding the percent of a number, watch this video.
- Retrieve the average ANNUAL salary from the research you did on a career of your choice from your My Career document in your Lesson 2 folder in Employment Unit folder.
- Using your math skills, determine the average MONTHLY earnings for your career.
- Based on that information and the average budgeted percentage spending for families in the U.S. shown in this table, calculate how much of your earnings would go into each component of your budget. Create a new Google Document titled Creating a Budget-(Your Initials), create the table below within that document, and record your results within the table. Follow these steps:
- Record your annual salary from #2 above in the red box
- Calculate and record your monthly income in the blue box
- Using your Monthly Income amount for each budgeted item, calculate and record your monthly budgeted items in the orange boxes
- Add up all the budgeted amounts in the orange boxes to find your total budgeted amount and record it in the green box.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 4 above, share your Lesson 4 folder with your teacher. Your folder should have the following files in it:
- Types of Expeneses
- Creating a Budget
Lesson 4 Quiz-BUU
- Complete the Lesson 4 Quiz for the Budget Unit.