- Evaluate credit fraud cases to better understand the importance of protecting your identity
- Obtain your partner(s) and set of articles shown below from your instructor:
- Read each of the cases and then prepare a table detailing the important points about the specific fraudulent acts presented in your article. Identify some things a person might choose to do to protect themselves from this type of fraud happening to them.
- Record this information in a new Google Document titled Credit Cases-(Your Initials).
- Choose ONE of the following cases and read the linked court document:
- Use the internet to find TWO additional viable resources that will expand on the case in more detail. Be sure to find the following information:
- What did he/she/they do?
- What fraud took place?
- Who was involved?
- Who suffered on account of the actions?
- What was the penalty?
- Was there anything done to remedy the recipient of the fraud?
- Create a new Google Document titled Credit Fraud Case-(Your Initials) and place it in your Lesson 3 folder. Type a half to full page report documenting your chosen case. Be sure to provide specific details from your research to tell the story. Insert a footer at the bottom of the page and list your three sources of information and a link to that site.
- After completing the assigned tasks in Lesson 3 above, share your Lesson 3 folder with your teacher. You should have the following files in your folder prior to it being shared:
- Credit Fraud
- Identity Theft Prevention
- Credit Fraud Tricks
- Credit Cases
- Credit Fraud Cases
Lesson 3 Quiz-CU
- Complete the Lesson 3 Quiz for the Credit Unit.