- Identify the main sources of career information.
- Discuss career fields with the most growth potential.
- Identify a career of interest for you.
- Explain the benefits and downfalls to the career path that you have interest in.
- Obtain a Notes 2-2 handout from your instructor and fill in the missing parts through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
- After getting an idea of what career path might suit you, go to the Occupation Outlook Handbook and select a career that showcases the characteristics of the career you identified in your Career Test.
- While looking through your chosen career in step 1 above, identify the following information:
- Explain what a person does in your field
- What schooling or skill sets does one need to perform this job
- What is the average wage a person can earn
- Is this career area seeing growth, staying steady, or decline
- Answer these items in paragraph form (four paragraphs total) detailing each component. Write these paragraphs in a new Google Document titled My Career-(your initials).