- Differentiate the current controlled health care program of Obamacare and the previous version of private health care
- As it is presented in your notes, health care was in the hands of private insurance companies. On March 23, 2010, the federal government put into place The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), which is commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare. There are a lot of opinions regarding this transition into a government controlled health care system.
- Today, your task will be assigned to investigate either the private health insurance system we previously had or the new Obamacare system we are currently running under. To complete this task, do the following:
- Obtain your assigned partner and research topic: Private Health Care or Obamacare.
- Regardless of your opinions on the topic you are assigned, your job will be to use the internet to gather facts to defend it against the other side. You will need to use at least two secondary resources in your research. Your research should be of statistical facts and evidence supported by legitimate sources. Not simply someone’s opinion about the matter.
- Create a new Google Document titled My Position-(Your Initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder. Use your information to write an argumentative paper to state the facts that you found that will support your position. This report should be at least 1 page in length. You will need to include a Works Cited page that references your resources in MLA format.