After completing Lesson 4-1, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to posting from a general journal to a general ledger.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to posting from a general journal to a general ledger.
- Prepare a chart of accounts for a service business organized as a proprietorship.
Chapter 4 Folder
- Inside of your Part 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 4. All your tasks completed in Chapter 4 should be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a Notes 4-1 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 4-1
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 4 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 4-1-(Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 95 or below.
- A journal is given in the Working Papers. Your instructor will guide you through the following example. Clara Ross owns a service business called Ross Company, which uses the following accounts.
On Your Own 4-1
- A journal is given in the Working Papers. Work this problem independently.Eric Roen owns a service business called Roen’s Hair Care, which uses the following accounts.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 4-1. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Lesson 4-1 Assignment
- Using your Lesson 4-1 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 4-1 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 110 or below.
- Lillian Deters owns a service business called Deters Duplicating, which uses the following accounts.