After completing Lesson 4-3, you will be able to:
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to posting from a general journal to a general ledger.
- Prove cash and journalize correcting entries.
- Obtain a Notes 4-3 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 4-3
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 4 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 4-3-(Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 108 or below.
A general journal is given in the Working Papers. Your instructor will guide you through the following example.
On Your Own 4-3
- A general journal is given in the Working Papers. Work this problem independently.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 4-3. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Lesson 4-3 Assignment
- Using your Lesson 4-3 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 4-3 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 111 or below.
- The following errors were discovered after the incorrect entries were already journalized and posted.