After completing Lesson 5-1, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to using a checking account.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to using a checking account.
- Prepare business papers related to using a checking account.
Chapter 5 Folder
- Inside of your Part 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 5. All your tasks completed in Chapter 5 should be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a Notes 5-1 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 5-1
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 5 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 5-1-(Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 123 or below.
On Your Own 5-1
- Forms are given in the Working Papers. Work these problems independently as instructed on page 123 or below.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 5-1. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Lesson 5-1 Assignment
- Using the checkbook packet from your instructor, complete Application Problem 5-1 as directed on page 140 or below.