After completing Lesson 5-2, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to using a checking account.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to using a checking account.
- Prepare business papers related to using a checking account.
- Reconcile a bank statement.
- Obtain a Notes 5-2 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 5-2
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 5 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 5-2-(Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 128 or below.
- Forms are given in the Working Papers. Your instructor will guide you through the following example.
On Your Own 5-2
- Forms are given in the Working Papers. Work these problems independently as instructed on page 128 or below.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 5-2. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Lesson 5-2 Assignment
- Using your Lesson 5-2 spreadsheet, use the AP 5-2 sheets at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 140 or below.