After completing Lesson 5-4, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to using a petty cash fund.
- Establish and replenish a petty cash fund.
- Obtain a Notes 5-4 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 5-4
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 5 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 5-4-(Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 138 or below.
Write the answers to this problem in the Working Papers. Your instructor will guide you through the following example.
On Your Own 5-4
- Write the answers to this problem in the Working Papers. Work this problem independently.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 5-4. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Lesson 5-4 Assignment
- Using your Lesson 5-4 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 5-4 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 141 or below.
Journalize the following transactions completed during November of the current year. Use page 22 of the general journal given in the Working Papers. The abbreviation for check is C.