When you are finished with this lesson, you will be able to:
- Compare financial statements between two similar sized companies.
Financial Statement Comparison Project
- Choose two comparable sized companies that you have an interest in. Confirm this choice with your instructor.
- Utilize the company’s website, annual report, and other resourceful information to compare and contrast the progress each is making in comparison to the other.
- Utilizing the numbers on the income statements of each company, prepare a Google Spreadsheet titled Company Comparison Chart-(your initials) to prepare a bar graph showing the differences amongst the two.
- Create a new Google Document titled Company Comparison Report-(your initials). In this document, prepare a one to two page report explaining the differences you found between the financial statements. Then identify some reasoning for why you feel these differences were present.