After studying Chapter 12, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to payroll records.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to payroll records.
- Complete a payroll time card.
- Calculate payroll taxes.
- Complete a payroll register and an employee earnings record.
- Prepare payroll checks.
- Obtain a Notes 12-3 handout from your instructor and record your notes through the presentation. You can also view the presentation here.
Working Together 12-3
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 12 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 12-3 (Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 355 or below.
On Your Own 12-3
- Selected payroll data for Prosser Company are provided in a payroll register in the Lesson 12-3 spreadsheet. Work this problem independently. Following the instructions on page 355 or below.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 12-3. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Application Problem 12-3 & 12-4
- Using your Lesson 12-3 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 12-3 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 360 or below.
- Using your Lesson 12-3 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 12-4 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 360 or below.