After studying Chapter 13, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to payroll accounting, taxes, and reports.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to payroll accounting, taxes, and reports.
- Analyze payroll transactions and record a payroll.
- Record employer payroll taxes.
- Prepare selected payroll tax reports.
- Pay and record withholding and payroll taxes.
Lesson 13-4 Notes
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 13-4 on pages 383-389.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
Working Together 13-4
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet.
- Place this file in your Chapter 13 folder.
- Rename the file to Lesson 13-4 (Your Initials)
- Complete the spreadsheet according to the directions on page 389 or below.
On Your Own 13-4
- A cash payments journal page is given in the Lesson 13-4 spreadsheet. Work this problem independently. Following the instructions on page 389 or below.
- Complete this self-assessment for Lesson 13-4. You can use your textbook and notes to complete this assessment.
Application Problem 13-4
- Using your Lesson 13-4 spreadsheet, click on the Application Problem 13-4 sheet at the bottom left, and complete the problem as directed on page 392 or below.