When you have completed Lesson 1, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of studying marketing.
- Explain what marketing is and describe important marketing functions.
- Define marketing.
- Navigate to My Drive within your Google Drive account.
- Within My Drive, create a new folder titled Marketing.
- Inside of your new Marketing folder, create a new folder titled Unit 1.
- Inside of your Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 1. Everything you complete for Chapter 1 will be stored within this folder.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Study Guide 1-1-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Read Lesson 1-1 on pages 4-10.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you answer the questions in your study guide.
- Marketing Jobs
- Make a new Google Document titled Marketing Jobs-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Use the internet to identify a marketing job that would have major responsibilities for each of the nine marketing functions. Create a 3×10 table that lists the function, the job title, and a brief description of the work responsibilities that are a part of the job. Use the first row to identify your label and the remaining rows to list your functions and jobs associated with them.
- Create a new Google Drawing titled Marketing-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Create a visual representation of the definition of marketing and common activities that are a part of marketing. Be sure to utilize color, text, objects, images, and other graphics to help give detail.