When you have completed Lesson 4, you will be able to:
- Describe how businesses approach marketing differently today than they did in the past.
- Summarize how marketing is changing in businesses and other organizations.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Study Guide 1-4-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Read Lesson 1-4 on pages 24-29.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you answer the questions in your study guide.
- Technology and Marketing
- Create a new Google Drawing titled Marketing with Technology-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Use the internet to identify a change in technology that you believe improved the way marketing activities were completed during four different times in history: 1900-1930, 1931-1950, 1951-1980, 1981-present.
- In your drawing, create a timeline showing these dates. Using graphics, shapes, objects, text, and color, create a timeline that details the technology that was used and how it impacted, whether good and/or bad, the marketing activities of the businesses using them. Make sure you detail how the technology improved marketing.
- Customer Service Letter
- Create a new Google Document titled Customer Service Letter-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Compose a standard block formatted letter (see example) to the owner or manager of a business that you believe has a low level of customer service. Describe the reasons for your beliefs and explain how relationship marketing and employee empowerment might help the business.