When you have completed Lesson 3, you will be able to:
- Define consumerism.
- Explain ways by which businesses improve their own practices.
- Discuss how ethical issues affect marketers’ professional responsibilities.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Study Guide 2-3-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Read Lesson 2-3 on pages 47-53.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you answer the questions in your study guide.
- Consumer Laws
- Create a new Google Document titled Consumer Laws-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Many consumer laws exist to protect consumer rights. Research one of these laws. Write a one to two paragraphs describing the purpose of the law and the history surrounding it.
- Marketing Ethics
- Create a new Google Document titled Ethics-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Although most businesses act ethically, some do not. Search newspapers or the Internet for recent stories about businesses that used unethical marketing tactics resulting in harm to consumers.
- In your document, write a one-page report identifying the unethical activities that took place in the story.