When you have completed Lesson 2, you will be able to:
- Discuss three common criticisms of marketing.
- Explain how marketing can be used to solve social problems.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Study Guide 2-2-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Read Lesson 2-2 on pages 41-46.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you answer the questions in your study guide.
- Public Awareness
- Marketing is responsible for many successful public awareness campaigns, such as Don’t Drink and Drive, Buckle Up, and Just Say No.
- Create a new Google Drawing titled Public Awareness-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Think of a problem that is prevalent in society today. Use the internet to research that issue to find a campaign currently working for a solution.
- In your drawing, create a visual aid that would contribute to that public awareness campaign for the problem.
- Marketing in Farming
- Create a new Google Document titled Farming-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- Assume you are a marketer working the farming industry. Cranberry growers in your state are suffering from an oversupply of cranberries. This is forcing them to slash prices and is threatening to put them out of business.
- Develop a one to two page written plan (report/paragraph form) that outlines three specific ways marketing can help balance the supply and demand of cranberries.