When you are finished with Lesson 10-2, you will be able to
- Identify the differences between producers and consumers that are addressed by distribution channels.
- Describe the differences between direct and indirect channels of distribution.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 10-2 on pages 366-373.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Obtain your assigned team from your instructor.
- Assume your team works for a small manufacturer of sunglasses with a unique film coating that offers greater UV eye protection than existing products. Identify one method of direct distribution and two possible indirect channels. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each and choose the one your team believes is best for consumers and the business.
- Create a new Google Slides presentation, name it Channel Choice-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 10 folder. Make an 11-slide presentation of your analysis and recommendation. Here are the slides you should have in your presentation:
- Title Slide
- Direct Channel of Distribution
- First Indirect Channel of Distribution
- Second Indirect Channel of Distribution
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Direct Channel of Distribution
- Advantages and Disadvantages of First Indirect Channel of Distribution
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Second Indirect Channel of Distribution
- Visual of Direct Channel of Distribution
- Visual of Indirect Channels of Distribution
- Analysis and Recommendations
- Your presentation should include the following: