When you are finished with Lesson 10-5, you will be able to
- Describe the various means by which products are transported within a channel of distribution.
- Explain the common options for storing and handling products while they are moving through the distribution channel.
- Examine the importance of order processing and inventory control to the overall effectiveness of a physical distribution plan.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 10-5 on pages 386-393.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Create a new Google Document, name it Shipping-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 10 folder.
- Use the internet to gather information on a technology that is being used by shipping companies to improve the physical distribution of products in terms of speed, security, information, or other factors.
- Prepare a one-page or more report on the technology and include examples of how companies are benefiting from its use. Be sure to note why you think the technology would be helpful to use.