When you are finished with Lesson 5-2, you will be able to
- Explain the various bases for positioning a product to distinguish it from the competition.
- Describe the three common positioning strategies.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 5-2 on pages 189-193.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Obtain a piece of poster board from your instructor.
- Divide your posterboard into six equal parts. Utilize magazines to find ads for six different brands that are showcased in the magazine. Paste those ads onto your poster board. For each of the six ads, identify which method of positioning the company appears to be using.