When you are finished with Lesson 5-3, you will be able to
- Explain direct vs. indirect competition and price vs. non-price competition.
- Describe the benefits of competition to consumers.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 5-3 on pages 194-198.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Use Google Maps to showcase a large shopping area in a city near us. Take a screenshot of that map by using one of the following methods:
- press the Screenshot key .
- press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows .
- press Ctrl + Shift + F5.
- Make a new Google Drawing, name it Competition-(Your Initials), and move it into your Lesson 5 folder. Paste your Googe Map screenshot from Step 1 above. Then using the drawing tools, add the following to your drawing:
- Locate and identify at least four businesses that are in direct competition with each other. Identify those businesses with a Green rectangle placed around each one.
- Locate and identify at least four businesses that offer indirect competition. Identify those businesses with a Red rectangle placed around each one.