When you are finished with Lesson 1-1, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between needs and wants.
- Distinguish between goods and services.
- Describe the types of economic resources.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to My Drive.
- Create a new folder titled Intro to Business.
- Inside of this new folder, create a new folder titled Unit 1.
- Inside of the Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 1. Everything you create in Chapter 1 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 1-1 on pages 6-11.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Read the FYI on the top of page 9.
- Research online a current issue related to the reduced supply of natural resources such as rain forest destruction, ozone layer depletion, pollution, or increased worldwide oil consumption. Create a new Google Document in your Lesson 1 folder titled Reduced Natural Resources-(your initials). In this document, write a one to two-paragraph response recording your findings that include causes, long-term economic consequences, and possible solutions.
- Create a new Google Document titled Economic Resources-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder. In your document, list the three types of economic resources mentioned in your notes. Choose three different products and describe how each type of economic resource is needed and used in its production.