When you are finished with Lesson 1-4, you will be able to:
- Describe supply and demand orally and with graphs.
- Discuss how supply and demand affect prices of products and services.
- Make a copy of this Lesson 1-4 Study Guide.
- Read Lesson 1-4 on pages 23-26.
- As you read, complete the study guide.
- After completing Assignment 1.4.1, complete this Lesson 1-4 Self-Assessment. You can take it multiple times. Your best score will be recorded.
- Group Work
- The prices of some products change a great deal in a short time, while the prices for other products remain quite stable. Work as a team to identify several products that experience regular price changes and several that do not. Get a piece of construction paper and divide it in half. Label one half Unstable Pricing and the other half labeled Stable Pricing. Use magazines to find pictures of each product and glue them on the side that it represents.
- Individual Work
- Read Heifer International on page 27. As you read, think about the Think Critical questions at the bottom right side of the page.
- Create a new Google Document titled Heifer International – (Your Initials).
- After reading the article, write a two paragraph report. In the first paragraph, provide answers to the two Think Critical questions posed on page 27. In the second paragraph, explain the ways that the work of Heifer International improves relationships between people from the United States and those from other countries around the world.