After studying Lesson 12-3, you will be able to:
- Describe the components of a business payroll system.
- Identify key information included in payroll records and paychecks.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 12-3 on pages 299-303.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Create a copy of this Google Document, rename it Employee Performance – (Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 12 folder.
- Read the “Disclosing Employee Performance Information” shown on page 300 in your textbook.
- In your document, answer the following questions in a paragraph or two for each question:
- Do you believe the supervisor was right in not disclosing the information gathered from the new employee’s co-workers? Why or why not? Do you feel the same way about the results of the work evaluations?
- What recommendations would you make to the supervisor to prevent the type of situation from occurring again? As a new employee, what would you do to make sure you have adequate feedback on how you are doing?
- Read each of the following workplace privacy tips and state whether you agree or disagree with each. Then explain why or why not: