After studying Lesson 12-4, you will be able to:
- Recognize important financial information managers use to make decisions.
- Identify the steps in making financial decisions in business.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 12-4 on pages 305-308.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- You are responsible for helping a new manager understand financial statements.
- Use the internet to find additional information as well as a current example of a company’s income statement and balance sheet. Once you find one, show your teacher to approve of its validity.
- Create a new Google Slides presentation titled Financial Statements – (Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 12 folder.
- Prepare a presentation explaining the importance of the balance sheet and income statement. Explain each component and how the business benefits from having that information. In your presentation, utilize the sample income statement and balance sheet you found in your presentation. Your presentation should be multiple slides (6 at a minimum) long using pictures, images, objects, animations, slide transitions, and movies to help depict and explain the two different types of financial statements. Your last slide will be references to the information you found.