After studying Lesson 13-1, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of producers in the economy and the forms of production.
- Differentiate among the various types of manufacturing.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Unit 3 folder.
- Inside of the Unit 3 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 13. Everything you create in Chapter 13 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 13-1 on pages 316-320.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Select an article of clothing or a popular food item.
- Conduct research to determine the major raw materials and natural resources that are used in the production of the product. Identify the country or countries that are the major sources of the production or supply of those materials.
- Create a new Google Drawing titled Natural Materials-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 13 folder.
- Using the information that you found, create a quality drawing depicting your item, the materials it is made of, and where those materials come from.