After studying Lesson 13-2, you will be able to:
- Identify the activities involved in production planning.
- Describe how manufacturing is organized.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 13-2 on pages 321-326.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Choose a small household product that you or your family uses regularly.
- Evaluate the product and determine a design improvement for the product.
- Obtain a piece of poster board from your instructor.
- Sketch a new design that illustrates the improvement. Your drawing should be of professional quality and include color.
- Be prepared to share your design with the class and explain the new features and design improvements you’d make.