After studying Lesson 14-2, you will be able to:
- Recognize important insurance concepts.
- Describe several types of business insurance.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 14-2 on pages 348-352.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Part I
- Obtain a partner from your instructor.
- Make a copy of this Google Sheet, rename it Local Insurance Company-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 14 folder.
- With your partner, locate the websites of five insurance agents within a 60 miles radius of Sibley. Identify the insurance company or companies that the agent represents and the types of insurance sold by each for consumers and for businesses. Fill in the spreadsheet classifying the insurance products for each agent.
- Part II
- Create a new Google Document titled $1 Million-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 14 folder.
- Prepare a paragraph supporting the following statement:
- The maximum amount of damages that a company should have to pay to one individual for any liability claim should be $1 million.
- Write the second paragraph in opposition.