After studying Lesson 14-3, you will be able to:
- Describe why some business risks are uninsurable.
- List the strategies a company can use to reduce the risks of doing business internationally.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 14-3 on pages 353-358.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Part I
- Create a new Google Sheets spreadsheet titled Fraudulent Actions-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 14 folder.
- Use the internet to gather information on the fraudulent use of the intellectual property of U.S. businesses in other countries. Develop a table that identifies the U.S. company, the product that has been misused, the country or countries in which the fraud has occurred, and any action taken by the company to protect its property rights.
- Be prepared to discuss the effect of the fraud on businesses and consumers.
- Part II
- Create a new Google Document titled Predictions-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 14 folder.
- Use the internet to gather information on predictions for changes in the economy for the next 6 to 12 months.
- Based on this information, prepare a one-page report for small business owners in our area identifying how the changes might affect their businesses in a positive or negative way.