When you are finished with Lesson 2-2, you will be able to
- Describe the four phases of the business cycle.
- Explain causes of inflation and deflation.
- Identify the importance of interest rates.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 2-2 on pages 38-42.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Interest rates influence many aspects of our economy. Look over the seven “Types of Interest Rates” discussed on page 42 of the textbook. Then, prepare a description of who in our economy would be most likely affected by each of these types of interest rates. To complete this activity, do the following:
- Create a copy of this Google Document, rename it Types of Interest Rates-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 2 folder.
- In the first column, list each of the seven interest rate types.
- In the second column, list the people affected by each type.