When you are finished with Lesson 2-1, you will be able to:
- Define gross domestic product.
- Describe economic measures of labor.
- Identify economic indicators for consumer spending.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Unit 1 folder.
- Inside of the Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 2. Everything you create in Chapter 2 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 2-1 on pages 34-37.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- To provide tangible evidence of your learning, do the following:
- COLLECT current and past data (last 10 years) for one of the economic indicators discussed in this chapter such as GDP, unemployment, consumer prices, or interest rates. Enter your results in a Google Spreadsheet named Economic Indicator-(Your Initials).
- CREATE a graph in your Google Spreadsheet with visuals to communicate the data trend over the past three or four years.
- CONNECT your visual presentation to other learning in this class or relate it to information from other classes. Prepare a short summary of the causes and possible effects of this data and the people and businesses affected by this data. This summary can be entered into a cell below your data and graph in your Economic Indicator spreadsheet.