When you are finished with Lesson 3-1, you will be able to:
- Describe importing and exporting activities.
- Compare balance of trade and balance of payments.
- List factors that affect the value of global currencies.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Unit 1 folder.
- Inside of the Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 3. Everything you create in Chapter 3 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 3-1 on pages 54-59.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Bribery and Gift Giving-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 3 folder.
- Read through the Bribery and Gift Giving article on page 57 of your textbook.
- Answer the following questions in your document:
- How can U.S. businesspeople handle situations in foreign countries where officials expect bribes to be paid as a condition for doing business there?
- Suppose you work for a manufacturing company. A plastics supplier who is trying to get more business sends you a case of golf balls made with one of its high-tech composite materials. What would you do?