When you are finished with Lesson 4-2, you will be able to:
- Identify the roles and levels of government.
- Explain the role of government protection and the legal system in business.
- Describe types of intellectual property.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 4-2 on pages 82-85.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Intellectual properties are also called intangible assets.
- Obtain a partner from your instructor. As a team, research and identify various patents, copyrights, and trademarks owned by companies and nonprofit organizations.
- Obtain a posterboard from your teacher and divide it into three equal parts. Label each part accordingly: Patent, Copyright, Trademark.
- Utilize magazines to find examples of each of these three types of protection (minimum of four each) for intellectual property and put them on your posterboard.